Some environmentally friendly features of Lyola include:
- Energy efficient building design, incorporating the best of sub tropical design features, by Royal Australian Institute of Architects award winning GOMANGO Architects.
- Self sufficient in water (rainwater) and power (solar).
- Support for the natural environment demonstrated by ongoing rainforest restoration.
- Hollow Log Homes wild life program which allows guests to contribute towards the installation of nesting boxes. So far we have installed boxes for Parrots x 4, Pardalotes x 2, Owlet nightjars x 2, Micro-bats x 2 and Glider possums x 2.
- Richmond Birdwing butterfly (an endangered species) habitat expansion, by planting seventy vines that the female butterfly needs to lay her eggs, and the larvae eat.
- Locally supplied provisions for the pavilions such as milk, cheese, soap, juice from our orchard (in winter) and homemade aromatherapy products.