Lyola Pavilions in the Forest Eco Accreditation
Romantic Hideaway in Nature…
Romantic Hideaway in Nature… Lyola Pavilions in the Forest is committed to retaining and reflecting the natural beauty of the surroundings in which we operate. This is reflected in Lyola Pavilions receiving Voluntary Conservation status with Sunshine Coast Council and Koala Nature Refuge status with Queensland State Government.
The operation of Lyola focuses on protecting the environment whilst allowing guests to experience the wonders of a sub tropical rainforest
Some environmentally friendly features of Lyola include:
- Energy efficient building design, incorporating the best of sub tropical design features, by Royal Australian Institute of Architects award winning GOMANGO Architects.
- Support for the natural environment demonstrated by ongoing rainforest restoration.
- Hollow Log Homes wild life program which allows guests to contribute towards the installation of nesting boxes. So far we have installed boxes for parrots x 4, pardalotes x 2, owlet nightjars x 2, micro-bats x 2 and glider possums x 2.
- Richmond Birdwing butterfly (an endangered species) habitat expansion by planting seventy vines that the female butterfly needs to lay her eggs and the larvae eat.
- We are totally self sufficient in water (rainwater) and power (solar).
- We source local supplies for the pavilions such as milk, cheese, soap, juice from our orchard in winter and homemade aromatherapy products.